2013 Southern Raceway Vintage Rules
FACEBOOK POSTINGS DO NOT SUPERSEDE SRW RULES. IF IT IS NOT ON THE HOME PAGE OR IN THE RULES DON’T DO IT!!!
1. Vintage Racing, INC. bodies only – Consisting of fiberglass roof, hood and grill shell as well as aluminum sides (which should be purchased initially but may be replaced if maintaining same shape and dimensions.)
2. Steel driver compartment and floorboard recommended. If aluminum, must be .040 and must run scatter shield. No exceptions.
3. Bodies may not be modified, altered, lowered or moved forward, backwards or side to side.
4. No wings or spoilers allowed. No lexan or clear plastic. No ground effects.
5. Body styles offered:
1934 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1934 Ford Victoria 2 Door Sedan
1934 Chevrolet 3 Window Coupe
1934 Chevrolet 5 Window Coupe
1. GM Metric car frames only. 1978-1985. Front and rear suspension must remain completely stock metric parts in stock location (IE. Lower control arms, spindles, tie rods, drag link, idler arm, pitman arm, and steering box) except for rear trailing arms and front upper A-arms. All suspension parts must be able to be replaced by or interchangeable with GM metric car parts.
2. No brackets, lift or pull bar suspensions.
3. No drilling or lightening of frame or cross members.
4. No aluminum or lightweight parts.
5. Frame no lower than 4 1/2 inches from the ground and the body no lower than the frame.
6. No relocating any suspension parts.
7. May change coil spring rates. Springs must fit in stock locations.
8. Frame wheelbase, center of front axle to center of rear axle, 108” both sides, no more no less.
9. May run weight jacking bolts in front and rear. May run outboard shock. Outboard front shocks may have heim joint ends. Stock mount front shocks can be spaced down. Rear shocks must be stock mount and be mounted through stock mounting holes in frame. Rear shocks can be spaced down and must mount to rear trailing arm mount on rear end. All shocks front and rear must be steel body. No coil over assemblies.
10. No aluminum shocks.
11. Factroy metric steering box only.
12. All steering components and mounts must be steel, unaletered, OEM, in OEM location and match frame. OEM ball joints only. No aftermarket ball joints. OEM upper A-Frame may be replaced using aftermarket upper A-Frame. (Steel or aluminum cross shaft allowed). Stock metric lower control arms only. No Tubular aftermarket type lower control arm. Bolt on spindle savers allowed.
1. Must consist of continuous hoops no less than 1 3/4” outside diameter and must have wall thickness of at least 0.095”. Must be frame mounted in at least 6 places.
2. Roll bar padding required in drivers compartment. Driver’s head must not protrude above roll cage with helmet and strapped in seat. Must have a minimum of one cross bar in top halo of roll cage.
3. Roll cage must consist of a configuration of front and rear loops connected by tubing on the sides or the side of hoops. Must be securely supported and braced.
4. Low carbon mild steel tubing is recommended. No brazing or soldering allowed. Bar across back of engine with vertical bars and rub rail or similar protection.
5. No brace bars forward of cage may be higher than stock hook height. Main cage no further forward than engine plate.
6. A minimum of three door bars at least 1.5” O.D. must be as parallel with ground as possible and located perpendicular to the driver to provide maximum protection for driver, but without causing undue difficulty getting into or out of the vehicle.
7. The side bars must be welded to the front and rear of the roll cage members. Door plates required.
1. Engine must be centered in frame, front and rear. No offset engines in frame. From bell housing to center of rear axle 76” minimum.
2. Wet sump oiling system only. 1” inspection plug welded in oil pan 5” from front seal and 1 1/2” down from pan rail on drivers side. Should be between second and third pan bolt. Should not be obstructed by windage tray. This is mandatory. NO PLUG NO RACE!!!
3. Bored blocks may not exceed .060” overbore. No stroked or destroked engines allowed, such as 337 or 383 Chevy. Cast iron blocks only. Stainless steel valves OK. No titanium engine parts allowed.
Make: Cubic Inches
Ford 289, 302 351 Windsor
American Motors 360
4. Valve size as follows: Max. Allowed Exhaust and Intake
350 1.5, 1.94
289 1.462, 1.781
302 1.462. 1.781
351W 1.543, 1.844
318 1.6, 1.800
340 1.6, 2.020
360 1.6, 1.880
304 1.406, 1.787
360 1.680, 2.02
350 1.560, 1.87
(68-71) 1.624, 1.995
350 1.60, 2.110
350 1.5, 1.875
5. Cast iron heads only. No aluminum heads. No angle plugs, bowtie or Ford SVO cylinder heads. No aftermarket heads. No porting or polishing on heads, intake or exhaust manifolds or gasket matching allowed. Pinning of rocker arm studs permitted. Screw in studs and guided plates are permitted. Valve springs must be stock diameter configuration and specs for engine. No oversized valve springs. May be dual springs. No beehiving springs. 3-angle valve job permitted/ Poly locks permitted. OPTIONAL: Valve covers, windage tray, cam button, air filter, steel oil pan, four bold stock blocks, aluminum pulleys, push rods, timing chain and gears, rod bolts, balancing and blue printing.
6. No rocker shaft assemblies. Stock rocker arm ratios only. 1.5 Roller Rockers are OK. No shaft rockers. Stud girdles OK. No interchanging such as Ford 1.6 in a Chevy motor.
7. Haudraulic lifters only. No flat tappets, no rollers, and no mushroom or over sized lifters allowed.
8. Hudraulic camshaft onle. Lifts no to exceed .500 lift measured at the valve, or .333 measured at the cam. OEM firing order cannot be changed. (GM: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2)
9. OEM distributor only. No “MSD” or similar type ignition boxes of aftermarket modules.
10. Only 2 barrel Holley 500 CFM 4412 Carburetor. May run aftermarket metering block. Carburetor must pass all tech gauges. Choke butterfly and shaft may be removed. Choke horn must remain unmodified.
11. Any 2 or 4 barrel cast iron or aluminum intakes allowed. No tunnel ram type manifolds. Maximum 1” carburetor spacer adapter allowed with 1 paper gasket per side not to exceed .065” in thickness. (1 gasket .065)
12. Flat top 2 or 4 eyebrow or dish pistons only. No pop-up pistons allowed. No gas ported pistons. No trick pin height pistons or reversing pistons. Piston must remain in all cylinders.
13. Heads or intake may be angle milled for increased compression ratio.
14. No lightweight crankshafts. No knife edge, undercut, scalloped, narrowing, or bull nose crankshifts. No drilling of second or third rod throws. OEM or OEM replacement cast or steel crankshafts only. Cast crank 48 lbs minimum and steel crank 51 lbs minimum.
15. GM 5.7 or 6 inch rods allowed. Floating pins and cap screws OK.
16. Mechanical type push rod fuel pumps only.
1. Standard transmission must be unaltered OEM three or four speed with forward and reverse gears. Transmission must have stock type clutch, pressure plate and flywheel with minimum 10.5 inch steel/organic single disc type clutch and steel pressure plate assembly inside an explosion-proof bellhousing – minimum 270 degrees around top of clutch and flywheel area. No light weight bellhousings. Steel unaltered flywheel only – 16 lb minimum. No aftermarket racing type transmissions IE: Brinn, Falcon or Jericho transmissions allowed.
2. No trick clutch units or aluminum flywheels. No lightening of flywheels allowed. Clutches must be positive engagement design. Slider or slipper clutch designs are not permitted. No carbon fiber clutches. No automatic flywheels used with standard transmissions.
3. All manual gear transmissions must have SFI approved explosion proof steel bell housing.
4. Automatic transmissions allowed. Must be unaltered OEM with unaltered OEM pump, original bell housing and stock torque converter. Must have approved scatter shield constructed of minimum of 0.125 inch by 3 inch steel, 270 degrees around flex plate must be full, unaltered OEM, or OEM replacement. No manual bump starts allowed. No direct drive, lock up or welded torque converters.
Stock type rear end must be locked or posi-traction. 9” Ford OK. Full floater OK. All steel parts only, hubs, drive plates, axels, spook must be steel. Full or mini-spool only. Lower trailing arms must be same length and mounted at same height. No gun drilled axels. May run aftermarket rear trailing arms.
TIRES AND WHEELS
1. Tires are Hoosier A-40.
2. 8” steel wheels with 1” lug nuts. May run wheel spacers.
3. Conventional unaltered rims only.
4. Bead lock on right rear only.
5. No grooving or siping of tires.
6. No tire soaking/and or treating in any class. Any driver/owner/crew member found to have used, or brought, any tire soaking chemicals onto SRW property will be asked to leave the property and will be subject to fine and or suspension.
FUEL AND FUEL CELLS
1. one 8 or 12 gallon fuel cell maximum. Must be mounted by at least two steel straps 1/8” think x 2” wide around fuel cell. Fuel cell should be enclosed in metal container and protected by roll cage. Must have roll over valve.
2. Pick up tube or supply not to exit under tank.
3. May run racing fuel.
All cars must weigh minimum of 2600 lbs.
Numbers on both sides and top must be at least 4” think and 18” high.
1. Helmets must be Snell approved and fire suites must be SFI approved.
2. Fire extinguisher, scatter shields and 5-point safety harness must be mounted securely to roll cage.
3. Brakes must work on all four wheels. May run stock or racing type master cylinder/cylinders. Aftermarket brake/clutch pedal assemblies are OK. Can use disc brakes on rear, stock metric calipers only front and rear. No adjustable proportional valves in cockpit. No floating brakes.
4. Exhaust should be mounted in a fashion to direct spent gasses away from area such as cockpit of vehicle and areas of possible fuel spillage.
5. Batteries must be securely mounted, shielded and contained separately from fuel cell.
6. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver. This switch must be marked “ON” and “OFF”
7. Driveshaft tubes or hoops mandatory. Drive shaft must be painted white with car numbers on it.
8. Front and rear bumpers and nerf bars are required. Nerf bars must not extend past the width of tires, nor have any sharp edges. Side nerf bars must be constructed of a continuous loop bent and attached to the chassis. No open end tube nerf bars. Front bumper must be bent in a continuous loop of steel tubing minimum 1.5” O.D. and attached to the front frame horns. Front bumpers cannot extend out past the width of the front frame horns. Front bumpers cannot be further than 12” from grill. Rear bumper must be no wider than width of rear tire width and bent with rounded ends. Rear bumper must have closed end tubes. Rear bumper must have a lower hoop attached to the bottom of the main bumper to protect the fuel cell, and to keep other cars from driving under the rear bumper. Front and rear bumpers, at center, must be 16” plus or minus 1”, from the ground. Rear bumper no further than 8” from the body.
9. Loose objects and/or weights must not be in driver’s compartment or outside of body or hooded area. Any weights added to other areas of the vehicle must be securely mounted and painted white and have a car number on it.
10.All cars must be able to crank with own power.
Same as other classes.
Weight must be securely mounted to the car’s frame or roll cage. The lead must be painted white and have the car number legibly and visibly painted on it. The lead must be secured with at least tow 1/2” bolts.
Check Us Out On
Kiker's U-Pull It
Highway 90 in Milton, FL
S & W Containers
Taco Town of Milton
Wes Paul Auto Glass
USA Performance Center
Sessions Construction Services
USP Structural Connectors
Stillwell Law Firm
Oliver's Landscape and Nursery
Gulf Pines KOA